CRUISE COMPETITIVE BENCHMARK REPORT
Over the past year, Key Lime Interactive (KLI) has made a significant commitment to improving the availability of meaningful consumer insights for a variety of industries. With our latest Competitive Benchmark Reports, we take a deeper dive into the cruise industry.
In these annual benchmark industry reports, KLI uses a multi-faceted research approach combining: quantitative, qualitative, and behavioral data. Hundreds of participants complete a series of common tasks on each cruise line website. Statistical analysis of this data is employed to rank sites and uncover the top drivers of loyalty and site satisfaction.
In our 2015 Cruise Competitive Benchmark Report, KLI identified some key contributors to online success. The 2016 edition will delve into the impact recent changes had on each sites’ longitudinal rank in important areas of the user experience and key metrics such as Ease of Use, Brand Perception, and Net Promoter Score.
Report #1, KLI takes a closer look at seven industry Contemporary & Premium Cruise Line websites:
- Celebrity Cruises
- Disney Cruise Line
- Holland America
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Princess Cruises
- Royal Caribbean International
Report #2, KLI takes a closer look at eight industry Luxury Cruise Lines websites:
- Crystal Cruises
- Azamara Club Cruises
- Oceania Cruises
- Windstar Cruises
Read the overview: KLI Competitive Benchmark Reports- Cruise Industry PDF
INFORMATION TO PUT YOU AHEAD
Senior leadership and online marketers alike can make at-a-glance decisions about key areas of the user experience to satisfy their existing and prospective customers. What does your customer want and how can you better serve them?
We are also the only research firm offering a drill down into specific cruise segments. For the first time, marketers can see how they stack up in these critical segments such as the Luxury Cruise market. We also offer other custom segments upon request such as the experience of first-time cruisers compared to experienced cruisers.
Our report can help address some key strategic marketing questions like:
- How do you rank compared to your top competitors?
- What are user’s top pain points using your website?
- What are the best practices for cruise research and booking online?
- How do you measure up in key segments (such as first-time cruisers)?
ANALYSIS WILL INCLUDE
- Statistical analysis of quantitative data
- Multiple regression analysis to yield top predictors of desired outcomes (Loyalty and Site Satisfaction)
- Behavioral data
- First click analysis
- Average time on task
- Uncovers problems with the sites’ navigation, nomenclature, layout, clarity or prominence of key features/ functionality/ content
- Direct user feedback
- Insights from consumers in their own words about what they like, dislike, want, need, and their expectations and frustration
- In-depth analysis of report buyers’ website
- What does the site do well relative to the competition?
- Where are the gaps between the site and its competitors?
- Specifically, what is responsible for the gaps? And what specific issues with the online experience drive negative user perceptions of site?
- Success Factors and Best-in-class examples
- Best-in-class sites highlighted to illustrate why more users say it’s easy to use, makes the best first impression, has the most appealing or luxurious activities and excursions, why more users are likely to return/recommend/ book on the site or with cruise company in future
- Longitudinal tracking and analysis
Each year the benchmark will examine sites’ top problems areas from the previous year and any site redesigns/changes made subsequently, to answer the question: Have the sites made changes that have improved or worsened the user experience?
Or simply fill out our form below and we’ll get in touch with you: